Some things that happen to you—or are just part of the normal pattern of life—could put you at risk for skin cancer. It’s important to know about them.
- If you are fair-skinned or have blue or green eyes.
- If you have skin that burns, freckles, reddens easily or becomes painful in the sun.
- If you have burn scars or infections, or take medicines that make your skin sensitive to sunlight.
- If you have received radiation treatments or were exposed to certain chemicals.
- If you are a teenager, pregnant or going through menopause.
- If you have irregularly shaped moles.
Some source material from: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Skin Cancer (CDC.gov/Cancer/Skin)