Protect your skin — it could save your life.
6 Facts That Will Get Under Your Skin
Statistics don’t lie. People in Delaware aren’t doing enough to protect themselves from skin cancer. Here’s where we stand.
- The melanoma incidence rate has increased more than three times faster in Delaware than nationally over the past 10 years.
- Sussex County had the highest melanoma incidence rate of the three counties in Delaware from 2006 to 2010.
About 31 Delawareans die of melanoma annually.
Source: 2013, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Delaware
- One American dies of melanoma every hour.
- More men than women die of melanoma in Delaware.
- Unprotected exposure to ultraviolet light is the most preventable risk factor for melanoma.