Get the tools you need to manage your chronic disease.
This evidence-based program is designed for adults with conditions such as arthritis, asthma, diabetes, lung disease, heart disease, stroke, and osteoporosis, who struggle to find ways to manage their condition.
Self-management classes are interactive and informative.
We offer both in-person and virtual classes so you can choose what works best for you. You will be able to interact with the instructor and others as you learn about ways to deal with your particular health issue effectively. Don’t put off taking care of your health. Sign up for a class today.
Participants will learn:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, isolation, and poor sleep
- Appropriate exercises for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- How to communicate effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- Nutrition tips
- How to pace activity and when to rest
- How to evaluate new treatments
Register for a free six-week self-management program.
Please browse our offerings below. For more information or questions about program registration, please call 302-990-0522.
Date & Time
Didn’t sign up for a self-management class today? Tell us why.
You may know you could benefit from a self-management class but decided not to register for one. Please help us make this service more valuable to you and others by telling us why:Tell us your feedback