Help to pay for cancer screenings.
If you don’t have insurance or if your insurance doesn’t pay for cancer screenings, Screening for Life can provide you with the screenings you need when you need them. Call Screening For Life at 302-744-1040 to find out if you are eligible.
It’s important to be screened.
Cancer can be treated effectively if it’s detected at an early stage. And if cancer is found, the Delaware Cancer Treatment Program provides free cancer treatment for up to two years for those who can’t afford treatment or if insurance doesn’t cover treatment.
You are eligible for Screening for Life if you:
- Are a Delaware resident
- Have health insurance that doesn’t cover screenings
- Are age 18 to 64 and not eligible for Medicaid
- Are 65 years of age or older and do not qualify for Medicare
- Meet income guidelines
- Are not eligible for health insurance
Screenings provided include:
- Pap tests: All women age 21 and older should be tested.
- Clinical Breast Exams: All women should have their breasts examined once a year.
- Mammograms: Women age 40 and older should have one regularly.
- Prostate Screening: Men age 50 and older (and African-American men 40 and older) should be tested.
- Colorectal Screening: Men and women age 50 and older should have a colonoscopy every 10 years.
- Lung Screening: Men and women from 55 to 80 years of age may be eligible for a screening if they currently smoke or have quit smoking during the past 15 years.