Protect your skin—it could save your life.
4 Ways to Work Outside Without Killing Yourself
Just because you’re not working on a tan doesn’t mean you aren’t at risk for skin cancer. Working outside means you’re exposed to the harmful rays of the sun. Be sure you protect yourself. Here’s what you can do.
- Use a water-resistant sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection and a broad-spectrum SPF of 15 or higher.
- Wear wide-brimmed hats to cover your head, face, neck and ears.
- Protect your eyes with sunglasses that block 99% or more of UV light.
- Wear clothing such as long-sleeve shirts and pants
- If you wear cosmetics, choose a high-SPF/broad-spectrum label.