Protect your skin — it could save your life.
5 Skin Cancer Warning Signs in Moles
Moles can change over time. It’s important to know what changes could be a sign of skin cancer. Here’s what you should look for.
- Asymmetry — If an imaginary line is drawn through the mole, the halves do not match.
- Border — Irregular, uneven borders.
- Color — Moles that have several colors or become lighter or darker.
- Diameter — Moles larger than the size of a pencil eraser.
- Evolving — Moles that itch or bleed, shrink or grow, change color, or have portions that are elevated; or a new growth on the skin.