Protect your skin — it could save your life.
6 Things You Can’t Control That Could Hurt You
Some things that happen to you — or are just part of the normal pattern of life — could put you at risk for skin cancer. It’s important to know about them.
- If you are fair-skinned or have blue or green eyes.
- If you have skin that burns, freckles, reddens easily, or becomes painful in the sun.
- If you have burn scars or infections, or take medicines that make your skin sensitive to sunlight.
- If you have received radiation treatments or were exposed to certain chemicals.
- If you are a teenager, pregnant, or going through menopause.
- If you have irregularly shaped moles.